Last Updated on October 22, 2023 by Igor Karni
Fafrees E-bikes are best known for their inspiring 250W e-bikes for city rides as well as MTBs for mountain riding. The company was founded in 2021. While the designing happens in the UK, the production of Fafrees electric bikes is done in Wan Chai, China.
Table of Contents
The electric bikes are designed with functionality and practicality as the top two priorities. The focus is on quality and affordability. Thus, customers get a sound alternative to daily mobility in the form of pocket-friendly and earth-friendly Fafrees electric bikes. Currently, the brand sells its e-bikes in the UK and EU.
Is Fafrees a reliable brand to buy? “Yes. In short, Fafrees has, in a 2-year span, created quite a buzz in the market for its superior-quality components, designed practically for everyday rides, with simple and easy-to-use features, with each model delivering 100% on the promise of enjoyable and stable rides every time.”
Fafrees e-Bikes: What do they stand for?
Fafrees is one of the newest e-bike brands in Europe. The company is driven by a mission to create efficient, eco-friendly, and accessible transportation solutions for all riders. The brand is committed to manufacturing e-bikes that suit the needs of urban and rural commuters.
Fafrees e-bikes are sleek with a contemporary design. The motor is a powerhouse, and the battery offers an impressive range that helps the rider navigate through different terrains, be it the city or hills. Whether the winds are strong, or there’s traffic, potholed roads, or any challenging weather or road conditions.
One of the unique selling propositions of the brand is the flexibility of users to customize their electric bikes as per their style and preference. They can pick from various colors, features, and accessories
Product Proposition and Range
Fafrees electric bikes have been equipped with components from the best manufacturers from across the world. The Li-ion batteries are from Samsung, the saddle is from Selle Royale, and the drivetrain is from Shimano. With a seamless design, the electric bike has been getting favorable reviews about its product quality and performance.
The brands make electric bikes for various segments of travelers – city, mountain, folding, road, fat-tire, and step-through e-bikes.
|E-bike Model||E-Bike Type|
|F20 Max||City, Fat Tire, Folding|
|F20 Pro||City, Fat Tire, Folding|
|F20||City, Fat Tire, Folding|
|F20 Master||City, Step-Through|
|F20 Master||Fat Tire|
|F26 CarbonX||Fat Tire, Step-Through|
|F26 CarbonM||Fat Tire|
|FF20 Polar||Fat Tire, Folding|
Build Quality and Design Aesthetics
The overall design of the Fafrees electric bike models showcases aesthetics, style, and the brand’s attention to detail. The materials and components used are from credible brands known for their premium quality, safety, and top performance.
The adjustable features that allow the rider to customize their electric bikes are an excellent characteristic of all models of Fafrees e-bikes. Examples of Fafees’ design aesthetics include –
- The F20 model has a step-through foldable frame.
- The Hailong One is a lightweight mountain electric bike weighing about 20.5 kg.
- The F1 model that is made for Urban commute weighs about 19 kg. It has an aerodynamic style, making your ride across highways convenient. The frame is 20-inch trim. The battery, light, and saddle are fitted into a three-in-one concealed design that makes the electric bike even more stylish and lighter. The wires are also hidden to give a clear look.
- The F26 CarbonX is a fat-tire electric bike with a carbon fiber frame, and there are multiple advantages of this material. The frame is light, smooth, strong, durable, and absorbs vibration and shocks well.
Performance and Ride Experience
Here’s a model-wise analysis of varied performance parameters of a few of Fafrees’ electric bikes.
F20 – City
The F20 model has a suspension system that makes every riding experience pleasant. It is agile on the road and is easy to handle and maneuver. The model has a top-of-line braking system, advanced lighting systems, an integrated locking system, and a GPS tracking mechanism.
It has a 250W brushless rear drive motor with a torque of 40Nm and a maximum speed of 25 m/s, well supported by the 7-speed derailleur from Shimano. The 16Ah battery offers a maximum range of up to 80 km (50 miles). The 3.0 fat tire makes it an adaptive fat-tire e-bike.
Fafrees Hallong One – Mountain
The Hallong One is also fitted with a 250W hub motor. It has a maximum output of 450W and a maximum torque of 45Nm. The 13Ah Li-ion battery supports long drives through rough terrains. The maximum range of the e-bike is up to 90 km (55 miles). The thumb throttle can be used for controlling the speed of the e-bike.
The 21-speed gear from Shimano offers a smooth riding experience. The mechanical disc brakes assist easy braking, and the adjustable handlebar supports a comfortable riding position. Lastly, the CST 26**2.1 tires offer a high level of friction, while the rear lights and the StVZO-compliant bike lights make night riding so easy.
Fafrees F1 – Road
The F1 electric bike is one of the best electric bikes for road commutes. The lightweight electric bike has CST dual-compound tires compliant with EPS and is puncture safety. Every corner and turn is smooth with the F1. The 36V 8.7Ah battery is fitted into a smart battery lock design.
The range offered on each charge is 45 km (28 miles) in the e-mode, and in the assisted mode, the range is between 50 and 80 km (31-50 miles). The 250W rear motor is powerful; the mechanical disc brakes help faster, effective braking. The maximum speed offered by the model is up to 25 km/h (15.5 mph).
F26 CarbonX – Fat-Tire
F26 CarbonX model’s 1000W brushless motor with an intelligent controller produces a torque of 95Nm and a top speed of up to 25 km/h (15.5 mph). The 48V 22.5Ah battery is ultra-large from Samsung, and the CarbonX has 26**4.8 fat tires that make every ride comfortable on all kinds of terrains, including gravel roads, snow, sand, and mud.
Additionally, the hydraulic suspension system makes even the roughest path simple to ride, while the dual hydraulic brakes make every ride silky smooth. The Shimano 9-speed gear system supports uphill and downhill movement powerfully.
Technology and Features
- The F20 model has smart features that permit smartphone connectivity. The Fafree mobile app can be connected for additional features, for example, the ability to customize ride settings, remote control of many e-biking features, and more. There is also the anti-theft tracking system that aids the security of the system. Other than that, the large LCD screen on the e-bike assists in enhancing every rider’s riding experience.
- The Fafrees Hailong One model has a backlit LCD display with a USB port that can be used to charge phones.
- The F1 model has a crystal-clear LED Display. The LED light is bright enough to make every night ride bright and lighted.
- F26 CarbonX comes with an embedded LCD Display with a USB port.
Customer Reviews and Reputation
Most customers have given 5-star ratings to Fafrees electric bikes on the company website. The models meet the expectations of riders, which is one of the key elements that has made the brand so popular in a short period of time. People have appreciated the features and design aspects of the models, motors, performance, reliability, smooth and efficient rides, and long battery life. Most riders are happy about the after-sales support and the way customer care handles queries.
Read all the reviews here.
Pricing and Value for Money
Fafrees is viewed as a pocket-friendly e-bike company. The F20, for example, priced at €899.00, is an excellent entry-level offer for new e-bikers and even for old-timers who wish to have a dependable mobility solution without spending too much money.
The F26 CarbonX, priced at € 2.999,00, is an absolute stunner where look and performance are concerned. The pricing could be a bit out-of-range for some people. But, if you are looking for a versatile electric bike with a fabulous grip on all kinds of road conditions, this one is for you, even if the price is slightly higher.
Overall, the brand has kept the pricing reasonable so that it suits riders from all economic backgrounds.
This article is supported by Gearberry:
Gear Up for a Better Ride with Gearberry!
Whether you need a commuter, cargo, or cruiser, we have the perfect electric bike for you. Explore our range of high-quality, affordable, and eco-friendly e-bikes today.
Warranty, Trial Period, Shipping
- Electrical accessories like batteries, motors, controllers, chargers, display units, shift levers, and lights have a one-year warranty.
- Hardware units like the frame have a warranty period of 2 years, and the front fork, handlebars, and seat tube have one one-year warranty.
- Driving systems, including the throttle, braking system, brake lever, sprockets, chain wheel, crank, and derailleur, have a year warranty each.
- Users need to submit a video or photo along with a textual description, providing information regarding the order number, color of the e-bike, and the product model.
The brand does not offer any trial period currently.
The brand ships to most European countries, including Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvian, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden.
The e-bikes are shipped from the Poland warehouse, and the accessories from the China warehouse.
It also ships to the United Kingdom, e-bikes from the UK warehouse, and accessories from the China warehouse.
Fafrees e-bikes review: Pros and Cons
- Powerful motor, controller, and battery.
- Stylish and contemporary design
- Functional features that make every ride smooth and efficient.
- Affordably priced
- Commendable performance
- Use of high-quality components from some of the best parts manufacturers in the world.
- A few of the models could be heavyweight, especially in the folding series, which could challenge the portability aspect.
Conclusion and Recommendation
Fafoos, a French electric bike company, is a new entrant in the EU e-bike market. In its two years of existence, the company has undoubtedly proved its mettle. Though the production of models happens in the Chinese factory, the design, R&D, warehousing, and shipping are all done from within Europe.
The brand has ensured that the designs of its 10+ models are all modern, with lightweight, sturdy frames, hidden wires, and a sleek and stylish look. In-house developed motors and controllers power each of these models, ably supported by the Shimano gears, Samsung batteries, and other top-of-the-line components. The torque, speed, and range are pretty impressive on the ground for most of the models.
The brand’s pricing strategy is commendable, for it has kept its models within easy reach of the general public. Some models may seem slightly higher price-wise, but they come with enhanced features, greater stability, and better performance.
Customer reviews and testimonials also reveal that the electric bikes from the brand are making a mark in the e-biking community. Considering all of the above, Fafoos electric bikes are a good buy and value-for-money proposition.