Teebike has developed a front bicycle wheel, equipped with a sealed 250-watt motor and a latest-generation battery. Connected via Bluetooth to a smartphone app, this kit transforms any classic bike (urban, mountain, cross-road, commuter) into an electrically assisted bike in a few minutes! Just change the front wheel of the bike and replace it with the Teebike wheel, without any electric cables, use a simple bicycle key and you’re done!
How does the Teebike wheel work?
- Take off the current front wheel and replace it with the Teebike wheel.
- Download the “Teebike” Android or iOS app and connect the wheel to your smartphone via Bluetooth.
- Let’s go! The application allows you to modulate the levels of electrical assistance from 20% to 99% to manage the effort as you wish.
- Simple and easy installation: no complicated connections to make, no cables, autonomy up to 80 km, the maximum speed of 25 km/h (maximum speed allowed in France and most EU countries for electric bicycles);
- STOP and BOOST options in the smartphone app. STOP option allows going back to a classic bike with no electric support. BOOST option helps to boost electric support, which is especially useful just before a climb or at the start;
- Charging time: 2 hours (to 80%) and 4 hours (to 100%);
- 4 different wheel sizes to fit the largest number of bikes (20/26/27.5 or 28 inches);
- Delivered with its electric charger, an anti-theft device, a smartphone holder, and a key, which is necessary for installation;
- By activating the Padlock button on the application, the Teebike anti-theft mechanism locks the wheel and sounds an audible alarm in case of an unexpected movement;
- Exchanged or serviced at home free of charge;
- Teebike wheel is guaranteed for 2 years (+ 14 days free trial) and certified to CE 15194 standards;
- Less expensive than an electric bicycle of the same performance (€2000 on average for a new electric bicycle);
- Ecological: it is estimated that 300,000 bicycles are thrown away each year in France alone… Teebike gives them a second life…
For more details: https://teebike.ooo
Teebike for all
“Teebike’s ambition is to give a second life to our bikes, whether old or new, simple or top-of-the-range, by providing a new ecological and economical mobility solution. The electric wheel is designed for urban riders who would like to use their bikes more regularly to go to work. For mums who want to go for a ride with 1 or 2 children. For seniors who want to go for longer rides and for all those who want a little help to get back on their bikes, without changing them! Teebike is THE solution that makes the earth flat! ” comments Laurent Durrieu, co-founder of Teebike.
Good for the environment and for the society
Since its creation in October 2019, Teebike has been committed to an environmental and societal approach: Teebike batteries are collected and recycled by Corepile, the leading eco-organization in France in the field.
The wheels will very soon be assembled in ESATs (Établissements et Services d’Aide par le Travail). Teebike is committed alongside EcoTree to forestry projects to help create carbon sinks equal to the emissions generated in the manufacture and transportation of its wheels.
Through this partnership, Teebike offers its customers the opportunity to become real owners of a tree and to participate in the renewal and sustainable management of French forests. For Teebike, the time has come to “reuse rather than recycle”. All unused bicycles can find their second life with this electric wheel and prevent further accumulation of waste.
How much does Teebike electric wheel cost?
Teebike electric wheel costs 750 euros.
This investment is eligible for certain public subsidies (up to 400 euros for the city of Paris, for example), which is given for the purchase of an electrically assisted bicycle and electrification kits. Some company subsidies can apply as well.
Teebike electric wheel can be bought via a long-term rental contract for 12, 24 or 36 months from 26.90 euros. One can select to pay in 3 or 4 installments.
What is this investment equivalent to?
Equivalence game: Investing in a Teebike e-wheel is the equivalent of 10 fill-ups of petrol, more economical than a Navigo pass, cheaper than the insurance of a car or scooter, on sale on https://teebike.ooo and in independent bicycle shops.
Technical characteristics of Teebike e-wheel
With a long-range (depending on rider’s weight and speed: about 60 km for men and 80 km for women), the battery of the Teebike wheel is guaranteed for 25,000 km, which is equivalent to an electric bicycle costing more than 2,500 euros.
Converted e-bike weight will usually not exceed 20 kg (bike + e-wheel). Teebike e-wheel weighs 7 kg, which is added to the weight of a traditional bicycle (up to 13 kg).
Teebike engine is 100% waterproof, with no risk of failure due to rain, humidity, or mud. Continuous engine assistance, which avoids jolts. The BOOST function, available on very few electric bikes (over 3,000 euros).
Vanmoof Electrified is one example of a top-notch e-bike that uses Boost function on its e-bikes.
Few numbers to remember
- < 5 km average commuting distance to work in major cities, including France
- 14 million French riders regularly use their bikes
- 2.7 million traditional bicycles sold each year in France
- 380,000 electric bicycles sold in France in 2018
- 1000€ to 3 000€ is an average price range of a new electric bike
In France, the share of cycling in total trips has stagnated at around 3%, compared with 10% in Germany, 12% in Belgium and 28% in the Netherlands. The European average is 7%.
350 million euros over 7 years is the amount of the government’s “cycling plan” to triple the number of bicycle journeys by 2024 (9%).
400 € per year is the maximum amount of the premium provided for by the LOM law to enable private and public employers to offer a mobility package to all their employees who come to work by bicycle or by carpooling.
Here is a quick video, introducing Teebike electric connected wheel: